I'm finally able to tick something off my bucket list. That thing is 'to knit a pair of socks'! And here they are! I even managed to match the stripes. I actually knitted another pair straight after these, too, to use up the yarn.
This is a different photo of the same pair. I didn't take any of the 2nd pair. They are almost exactly the same - just a little shorter, to be sure I didn't run out of yarn. Talking of yarn, this is knitted in West Yorkshire Spinners, Mallard, 4ply. And the pattern is from the Winwick Mum blog Sockalong, although it's not a pattern, as such, but a series of instructions on how to make a sock that fits YOU (or anyone). I found the instructions really straightforward to follow, apart from the Kitchener stitch to join at the toes, which I could not get the hang of. So, instead, I found a tutorial on You Tube which really helped.
In other woolly goings on: a few weeks ago, we had a try at needle felting at the craft group I help to run. One of our members brought along all the equipment and showed us how to do it. We all started by covering a polystyrene egg, and this is my effort. Most of the members finished their eggs and were well into the flat, needle-felted landscape by the end of our meeting. I, however, had only managed the green under-layer on my egg, and the orange and pink rings! I did use the last 15 mins to make a start on my landscape, but had no idea where I was going with it.
Bye for now