Monday 25 January 2010

Look At What They Gave Me!!

Our Ladies Group meeting for January, last week, was our annual dinner held at the local golf club and also happened to be my last meeting as leader. Thirty-one of us (the highest turnout so far I think!) tucked into a delicious meal and enjoyed a welcome catch-up. At the end of the evening I was given this fantastic clock, to go in my shed, as a thank you gift. I didn't expect anything quite so lovely...........they made a very good choice! I understand that 4 ladies went together to choose it from the local garden centre and in order to make a decision, took the clocks they liked the look of and held them up against the wall of a shed at the centre to see the effect.
They also gave me this sweet little mug set to enjoy a hot cuppa while I'm out there too.
I think some friends have higher expectations than I do of what's going to be happening in the 'shed' and refer to it as a studio.The jute rug I ordered from Natural Collection to go in front of the woodburner came last week too so things are coming together. Thank you to the commenters who showed an interest in the T-shirt crochet project. It's almost finished but I had to search the charity shops on the weekend for an orange T-shirt so that the colours matched the bath mat I made a while ago and, consequently, it's not quite finished. While T-shirt hunting I found this lovely hexagon drawstring bag and couldn't resist it. I'd love to know how it came to be in a charity shop after all the hard work put into making it. The hexagons are hand sewn and it's lined with a lovely stripey fabric. It's been added to my stash to get a makeover as I think it will get more use as a shopper.
Until next time, bye for now.
Teresa x

3 comments:

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

What nice presents! The clock is so beautiful!

Gina said...

Love the clock. So unusual

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Lis Harwood said...

Lovely presents - is that a thermometer on it too? Enjoy your studio, it looks great.