Sunday 21 March 2010

Isn't this Blogging World Amazing!!

But you don't need me to tell you that. I know you've all experienced the special connection between bloggers in many different ways, from them simply dropping by for a read to leaving a comment (always thoughtful and often supportive) to giving away thoughtful gifts. The sense of belonging to a special group is so real despite the fact that most never meet each other. I felt this so much yesterday when I received my giveaway parcel from Lis.


Lis from Online Quilting, is currently on an extended holiday in New Zealand, and recently did a giveaway for some crafting goodies from there and, out of loads of entries, I was the lucky winner. But Lis didn't wait to come back to the UK to send the parcel, no, she incurred the extra expense of sending the parcel all the way across the world so I received it much sooner than expected.
And look at what she bought/sent!!!! Beautiful fabrics with aboriginal/tribal-inspired designs, a very useful back-pack style bag, a cute little pattern to make a chicken cushion and a lovely personal message on a New Zealand postcard. Then just when I thought I couldn't be any luckier, I found a pack of easy-thread sewing needles in the bottom of the bag. What a generous prize!! Lis is interested to see what I make from the fabric so I'll have to get my thinking cap on, but I've already warned her not to expect anything too soon!! Well.. you know what I'm like! The 'Time for Stitching' in my blog title is more of a dream than anything most of the time. My OH has been away skiing in France since last Saturday and I was so looking forward to the time I would have to devote to sewing. But all I've managed is just 2 hours of hand quilting in total!

Take a closer look at the fabrics - aren't they lovely and unusual. What would you make with them?
-
Bye for now
Teresa x

4 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

It was a pleasure to choose these things for you and send them over and I'm so glad you like them. You don't really have to rush into making a thing, just enjoy stroking the fabrics! Thank you for being a follower of my blog and for sharing your sewing world and more with me, Lis x

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Wow!! you are really lucky!!! These fabrics are gorgeous!!!!

Peach Rainbow said...

congratulations!
Yes, those fabrics are lovely, beautiful colors.
I am currently in the mood for bags/totes but i am sure you'll come up with something better to do with them!

Leslie said...

These are beautiful! What a fun way to get a taste of another country. I am not much of a seamstress but I look forward to seeing what you make. The hen cushion is super cute.