Tuesday 19 April 2011

Back on Track!

So many times in previous years I've failed to make the most of a welcome spell of lovely sunny weather thinking that there'll be plenty more to come in the summer.  Well, I've finally learned my lesson and will make the most of any opportunity that comes my way, no matter how dirty my house is or whether there's anything to eat in the kitchen!!  For the last few years, our summers seem to have come early and not taking advantage of them has resulted in missing out altogether.

So.......

.....this is what we did, this weekend, and last.  Loaded up the bikes and took off for a cycle with friends (six of us last week and 8 on Sunday).  Last week, we took our usual route along the old railway line by the river from Monmouth to Symonds Yat.  This week, we rode along the canal path from Abergavenny to Crickhowell (a much longer route that required 2 pub stops as opposed to the usual 1!).



 People were out in droves - walking dogs, pushing children, cycling like us or narrow boating. 

 Being the slowest cyclist (and therefore last) I had the advantage that I could photograph the others while moving along, but it was a disadvantage when groups of walkers had just managed to reform after the others had scattered them, then I came along!!  It was a fun afternoon out and I'm sure if we do it more often there'll be no more saddle soreness (despite wearing gel pants)!

Stitchy news in brief - (because this is all there is, due to taking advantage of the good weather - you can't have everything!!)

I'm right up-to-date with my Tag Square Bee blocks now with this latest offering for Jen in rainbow colours.  I had a real struggle finding all the colours and I'm not sure that this fits the brief entirley because the fabrics aren't modern enough. I've a feeling that another member of the Bee wants rainbow colours, but I'll worry about that when the time comes. I have yet to recieve my March and April blocks though so I'm looking forward to that.

Bye for now
Teresa x

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I should heed your advice and enjoy this mild weather NOW before it gets hot as blazes. We have been trying to walk everyday, but sometimes when Mike doesn't get home until late we are walking in the dark. I don't mind it, but the sunshine sure does me good.

Lovely square!

Peach Rainbow said...

That seem to be a lovely path you took for cycling, thanks for sharing with photos.
And your block looks beautiful too :D