It was very remiss of me not to add a link to my last post when I mentioned the International Eisteddfod so here it is, better late than never.
I've finished Bag No 2 at last! I'm glad I persevered with it because this is the one my colleague chose to buy for is wife. I didn't have a pattern, just an idea, and I'm pleased with how it turned out. The tricky bit was working out how to sew the main pieces together at the bottom corners. It's mostly stitched wrong sides together with the binding covering the exposed edges. This is what I planned but before I got to this stage I searched online for patterns or tutorials that would give me a clue to help.
These yarns arrived in the post the other day. I couldn't resist sending for a couple of skeins to sample these interesting yarns when I saw a link to this website on a blog (I wish, for the life of me, I could remember which one). The top skein is a hemp yarn and is quite rough and rustic. The bottom colourful one is made from the bark of banana trees!!. Obviously, this is dyed but you can get the natural colour too. It's softer than I expected. I bought only the one skein of each so I'll have to think of a couple of little projects to try them out.
Progress since last time:
Bag no 2 finished!!!
Knitted baby booty ready to sew up - (I'm not very hopeful that the result will be as nice as I hoped)
Quilt block - almost finished hand-quilting ( the last 2 of these are going to be my next task - I'm going to get these finished before moving on to anything else)
Bye for now