Thursday 4 February 2016

Still feeling the felt!

 I'm still working with felt. These simple hand warmers are cut from the back and front of a felted wool jumper using the bottom rib for the edge.  I machine sewed the seam on the outside using my walking foot so that the wool wouldn't stretch, then added a few buttons for decoration. I was going to add some decorative stitching around the edges too, but decided they looked fine without it.

 When I tried them on for size they were so warm and soft and comfortable I didn't want to take them off.
I'm going to sell these but I must get around to making some for myself too. They'd be perfect for wearing at my craft group where my hands can sometimes get cold.  I don't know how hard it would be to knit or sew in these, but it would be better than full gloves.

 I've given the felt stash a rest now and am starting to look at my denim. This is one project in progress and I have a couple more ideas to try.

Bye for now
Teresa x

2 comments:

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

What a great idea to make hand warmers from a wool jumper, I love them!
Silvia x

Marivel said...

I really love them.
They look warm and soft.
The color is perfect for the season.
Best wishes...