Monday 31 August 2009

Busy Bank Holiday

A couple of weeks ago I was browsing in a local antique/junk shop and came across a box of paper items. After an interesting rummage I decided to buy this old magazine and a couple of out-of-date maps. I aim to photocopy some of the images in the magazine and use them for greetings cards. The old fashioned themes and ideas will make the cards quirky and different. The maps could be used for wrapping, cards, envelopes etc as demonstrated so well by Bugs and Fishes.

A friend of mine was asked, with only a couple of weeks notice, to help organise a Food Festival in a small local village. She rose to the task and came up trumps despite it being a Bank Holiday weekend and lots of her potential exhibitors already being booked. I went along for a look (as she was kind enough to support me in my concerts) and had a nice afternoon browsing the stalls.

Although the sky was threatening it didn't rain and I enjoyed a quiet hour listening to the jazz singer/musician. A simple act of kindness, as I sat there, cheered me up for the rest of the day: A man from one of the stalls sat at the picnic table next to me and began sorting some of his wares. He asked to borrow a pen and luckily I had one with me which I handed over. When he had finished he gave me back the pen and handed me one of the items he had been labelling saying it was a Sticky Toffee Pudding. I offered him something for it but he refused and the look on his face showed that he was as happy to be giving as I was to be receiving.

The Food Festival was on Sunday. On the Saturday I went for run of about 7 miles with OH in the morning and with lots of friends to a 25th Wedding Anniversary party in the evening. Most of the friends were the same ones we went skiing with in March.


Hopefully, my next post will be a round-up of the success or otherwise of August simple living efforts.

Bye for now.
Teresa x

No comments: