Wednesday 28 October 2009

Fabric and Yarn Stashes


-
A few years ago I was working away from home during the week and trying to catch up on housework etc during the weekends. It was the same work I do now and luckily I was asked to join this project within travelling distance of home after only 14 months away. I enjoyed the experience at the time, but I wouldn't do it again. I have a friend, who at the same time, was an area manager and had to visit the area where I worked once a month so we took the opportunity to meet for a meal and a chat. It seems strange that now I am back home and she isn't working we find it more difficult to meet more than once every couple of months.
-
Anyway, when we do meet, we go shopping and have lunch in a different town each time. These jaunts are the only times I go shopping just for shopping's sake and, although I enjoy looking, I find very little to buy. We've actually arranged to meet this Saturday, so I'm looking forward to that. The last time we met I bought some knitting needles and fabric from a charity shop and some paper napkins. On one of our other trips I bought this little basket to start storing the yarn I was accumulating but I think I'll have to find another use for it soon.
As I've just shown a picture of part of my yarn stash, I thought I may as well show the fabric too. I'm afraid it's not a very pretty sight or a very good photo as the light was bad that day. There are actually 2 piles here, one in front of the other, and it doesn't look very inspiring jumbled up as it is. It was once sorted in to colours and types of fabric but you know how that can change as it gets pulled about to use. It will be sorted again when I move it in to The Shed.
There's more fabric scattered around the house including this drawer (first picture). Whoops, more yarn to go in the (full) basket. There's also a bag full under the stairs that I forgot about for a long time.
-
The solution to the overflowing yarn basket (second picture). A lovely fabric-covered basket from Matalan that was only £5. It'll be good to get all the yarn gathered together in one place and see exactly what I've got. I'm planning to start on the Knitting-in the-Round Christmas Project soon. Since the first (failed) attempt I've bought some proper row markers and carried out more research into the method, so fingers crossed................
-
Bye for now
Teresa x
-
-
P.S. Sorry the photos are out of order. I used to be able to move them but can't seem to do it now. And I put the little dashes between paragraphs because the spacing doesn't work in the published post as it is in the edit view.

No comments: