Wednesday 24 February 2010

How the Librarian Felt!

During our Saturday Singer's session the leader asked for a volunteer to be a 'librarian' for the group because he himself is so disorganised. No-one spoke up so I asked what was involved. Silly mistake!! That was tant amount to voluneering so here is all the music laid out ready to sort. It wasn't too daunting a task though and I had it done within half an hour, all neatly sorted in a folder. I took it with me to the concert in the evening thinking I could hand it back, but no such luck. Looks like I've got to find room for another music folder at home. It made me look ultra organised though when a couple of singers forgot their music and I handed out spare copies - my position as libarian is now well and truly confirmed! By the way - the concert went well and £600 was raised for the Haiti fund which was a marvellous result.
-
This Friday is our concert generated from singing lessons. I'm looking forward to it which I think is a bad omen because I've been much too nervous before past concerts and things have gone quite well.

This is the result of the felt project. It's a scarf for my sister's birthday. I cut sections out of 3 different felted jumpers and machine sewed them together with a wide zig-zag. The ribs of the one jumper finish off each end. (sorry for photo above being the wrong way up)
I'm quite pleased with how it turned out and am almost reluctant to give it away.
-
Computer time is more limited these days but hopefully I will be back soon.
Bye for now.
Teresa x

3 comments:

My Casa Bella said...

I know how you feel! When I make something, especially a purse, I want it for myself. I have to convince myself why I need to give it up. Then when it sells at a craft show its bitter sweet. But I tell myself, I'll make one for myself, eventhough I don't..:)

Leslie said...

Oh, I LOVE this scarf!!! It is beautiful and just the right colors for me! hahaha I hope your sister loves it as much or more than I do! I just love that mix of stripes and floral.

Good for you for sharing your gift of organization! Not everyone has it and I am sure your group really appreciates you.

Lis Harwood said...

Well done, all that money for Haiti. Hmm, you need to learn about NOT volunteering although it sounds as if you're doing a great job!! Don't forget to let me have your address so I can the parcel on it's way to you from NZ.