Friday 5 February 2010

A Ripping Good Yarn!

I've had these 2 jumpers lying around for a couple of weeks after a bit of a sort out. Do you have items of clothing that you don't really like but wear now and again out of guilt when you see them lying unused in the drawers? These jumpers are like that. They were still in good condition and on closer inspection I could see that they were knitted in separate pieces, and not cut out of larger knitted pieces, before being sewn together. Consequently, I was able to do this with them!! I now have some yarn to make into something that will get used.
It was a lucky coincidence then when checking my reader that there was this post from My Zero Waste showing a very good use that it could be put towards.
Last month, we missed our Quilting Club day due to the bad weather (snow!) so we didn't get to find out what we were to do with the squares we were asked to prepare for it. The little pile above has been waiting for over a month for our February meeting tomorrow to find out what's to be done with it. I will also be taking some of my daughter's posters, business cards and flyers with me to pass out to members because a lot of them live in the area her business covers. I've added a link to it in the sidebar too.
-
Will also be watching a little of this with friends on the weekend. Come on Wales!!!
-
Have a great weekend
Bye for now
Teresa x

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That is a great idea! I want to learn to knit one of these days. I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Blueberry Heart said...

hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog - nice to 'meet'you!
Great idea for old jumpers, I'd previously tried just cutting them up and making cushions etc!
Have a great weekend,
BH x

Mary said...

What a great idea for jumpers! Wool can be so expensive when you are learning to crochet or knit!
Usually I just felt wool jumpers and then they sit in my pile of things to recycle!