Tuesday 22 June 2010

A Random Selection of Weekend Photos

A thrifted tunic bought for £3.50 and worn a couple of times over jeans.

Another longer tunic also £3.50 that I've worn over leggings as it's a bit longer. This one still had the shop tag hanging from it!
A double poly/cotton sheet (£3.25) that I am going to use to make curtains for my Shed.

DD came for the weekend and we saw the advertising she's had put on her van. Hopefully this will generate some more business. She's also going to have a stall at an animal rescue centre's open day in July and I am going to miss my monthly quilting group to go along and help her.
We popped to the village Sunday afternoon and I took DD and her boyfriend to the church to see this! It's a model (of the church) in the church made out of ICING, with rice paper windows!!!! It's up for auction during the Flower Festival in July but, lovely though it is, I can't really see that it would be suitable for anywhere else other than in the church.

And lastly, here's a picture of the view from inside the choir vestry. (I'm afraid it's a bit dark because I didn't turn on the lights in the church when we went in). The window you can see through the door is above the altar at the far end of the church. The window above the door is actually a reflection of the window behind where I'm standing and was an unexpected surprise feature that was produced when this glass screen was installed a few years ago.

Well, that's the end of the weekend round-up. Hopefully some stitchy progress of some kind next time.
-
Bye for now.
Teresa x

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You seem to have the best weekends! Love the thrifted items. Leggings are very in here. I like the fabric you will use, too. So cheerful. And your daughters vehicle is adorable!!! Beautiful church, too. Have you read Pillars of the Earth? Your church pictures made me think of it.

Have a great week!!!

Vintage Girl/Marivel said...

hi: I like the first tunic,cute colors.
come to my giveaway...
good luck