Tuesday 8 February 2011

Roles Have Reversed!

On Friday evening OH and I went with DD and her partner to watch England beat Wales :-(  in the Rugby at the local pub.  DS and his girlfriend joined us later when he finished work, and we and our friends took part in a monthly charity quiz.  We've somehow ended up playing girls against boys in these quizes (never mind what any other team scores!) and it's become a bit competitive.   It was 2:1 to the girls until then and I think we drew so no gloating this time (the boys that is!!).  When OH and I got home at 2am!!, our DS and DD were already tucked up safely in bed!!  Roles have reversed somewhat over the last few years - not that we make a habit of this you understand, but where did we get such sensible offspring? There was a reason for the responsible behaviour though - they had arranged to go to a club in Cardiff on Saturday night for DD's birthday. 

DD's present that I managed to finish in time.  All recycled materials, except the yellow fabric.
 Getting to bed that late would have been fine if we'd been able to have a lie-in, but the phone rang at 7.30am on Saturday to call OH out to a fallen tree on the Estate that was blocking an access road.  He took DS with him to drive and help cut up/move the tree (both have chainsaw certs).  I didn't get back to sleep after that and spent my day at the quilting club in a sleepy haze, doing a bit of hand quilting and trying to give sensible replies when spoken to.

I added a Suffolk Puff to the front, turned up the bottom corners with buttons and filled it with goodies.
I was still very tired on Sunday but managed to potter about getting housework done (apart from an hour or so in the afternoon when I sat down to have a cup of tea and almost didn't get going again)!
As mentioned in the last post here is my second Ripple Scarf made from an un-run (frogged) jumper.  This one has 2 wider ripples instead of 4 narrower like the first one (see Stitchng Progress page 2010 if you want to compare).

 Finally,  here's my January block for the Tag Square Bee from the clever Nanabanana of Sisters in Stitches, all the way from Texas.  I think this design may be called Bear Paw  (Never mind thinking it, it's pretty obvious really!) I need to start on my February block soon which will be black/white/yellow.  Having to select colour combinations that I wouldn't normally think of certainly helps with creativity and I love seeing what other Bee-ers come up with from my colour choice.  Before I do that though, I am in the process of making another zipped bag, like the one above, for my son's girlfriend's birthday on Friday.

Bye for now
Teresa x

7 comments:

Joanne said...

WOW! You have had another productive week! I had to laugh at your comments about sensible kids...that is so true when they are tucked in bed and we are out at all hours:)
It doesn't happen often here, but has happened and I have felt the same.
Love that gorgeous clutch/purse/bag...so pretty and reminds me of Spring!
Interesting post Teresa!
Thanks for sharing!
Joanne

Joanne said...

I meant to add:
Love that ripple scarf! Is it complicating to make?
Joanne

Tracey said...

Looks like you had a good week! Love the purse and block.

Leslie said...

I love that your kids were in bed already. I don't think I have reached that point in life yet, but I am sure looking forward to it.
Sweet zippered pouch and I love your scarf. Did you get your hair cut? It looks cute. :)
Leslie

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

hehe, and did they ask you at what time did you get home? :) Love the scarf!

Anonymous said...

Love that little pouch (it's a very good shape!) and your scarf. And that patchwork looks highly complicated but very effective. You've been so busy!

Sally said...

Hi Theresa!
Sorry I've been a bit rubbish with communication this week, I've been stuck in bed with a nasty virus. I haven't forgotten about the swap, although I did feel guilty when I received my package yesterday - very prompt!! I'll sort yours out next week when I'm back on my feet. I've been looking through your blog and I love the quilts you make, very jealous, but I think I'll have some fabrics to send that you'll love!
Sally xxx