Thursday 5 May 2011

Royal Blue!

I haven't time for many words today so I'll let the pictures to the talking.  I'm also sorry I haven't had time to catch up with your blogs on my Reader lately.  My siblings and I have been busy arranging a surprise party, which is taking place this weekend, that has taken up quite a lot of time.

I was determined to get to the bluebell wood this year before the ferns grew up and swamped the flowers, so OH and I popped along one day after he finished work, while I was still on holiday. It's the same wood as in the photo of my children, taken about 20 years ago, in this old post.

Entrance to the Bluebell Wood a few miles from home

Mounds (that are thought to be the remains of an old fort) covered with bluebells


Close-up detail of the wild bluebells


A last look on the way out

Royal Wedding celebration desserts :-)


You can never have too much dessert!!


Royal Wedding party at a friend's house before all the guests had arrived.  It was overcast and threatening rain but not too cold to sit outside.
Next time I'll have news on the surprise party and hopefully a bit it stitching.
Bye for now
Teresa x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bluebells. Hope your surprise party goes wonderfully well..

Leslie said...

Beautiful bluebells! They are so dainty looking. Just fabulous. The celebration looks fun and I always enjoy the pictures you post of houses and buildings. They are so interesting to me because they are so different than here. I hope the surprise party goes well!