Tuesday 28 April 2009

A Sample of What I've Made



I made this bag for myself from some furnishing weight facbric that I bought on Ebay. It had been used as a throw so was quite a big piece. The lining I made from left over curtain fabric and the button/binding were thrifted. I put a small double pocket inside for my phone etc. I made this nearly a year ago and have had a lot of use out of it as you can see from the squashed up handle. I got the pattern from a blog that I was reading but it's so long ago now that I'm afraid I can't remember which one. On the back of the chair is a block for my quilt-as-you-go quilt which is still in progress. I believe this one is called Card Trick.


Above is a picture of my pin cushion and needle book. I made these out of scraps left over when cutting hexagons for my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. As well as trying to use as much recycled, thrifted or used materials as possible I also like to use every scrap and I think the random method here was quite successful. I should have taken some of the pins out so it could be seen better. Not a very good picture, I know, but hopefully I will improve with practice.



This is a cushion I made for myself and was made before the one in the previous post. If I'm honest, I prefer the colours in the other cushion much more and this one was just a practice piece. It's machine pieced and hand quilted. It's a good thing it's not a very good photo because it doesn't show the poor quality of the quiliting. I use a frame and find it very slow going so I think I'll try without one to see how it goes. I should also get a bigger pad to go inside and fill it out a bit more. Most of the fabric is from a pack of small pieces from Ebay with the border fabrics from a quilting friend with a huge stash.

I must remember in the future to load photos in reverse order. Blogger didn't like me trying to move them once loaded. I don't know if that's normal or not but it won't be too much bother to do that. I also took more photos than this (of my practice blocks and hexagons in progress) but they weren't on the camera when I went to upload them?? Still, I'm pleased I've managed to load more than one photo without too much trouble.

I did, however, have a photo of the Carrot Cake Muffins I made from the book Muffin Magic by Susannah Blake so I thought I may as well add it. It'll be a the top because I added it last - doh.
As for linking to the book I haven't a clue so that will have to be my task for next time. Any tips gratefully received.


Bye for now

Teresa x

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi Teresa
thanks for the comments on my blog. You have come up as no-reply which means I can't email you back directly. If you want to send me your email address I will gladly answer your questions. Nice to meet another blogger from Wales. Have a good weekend xx