Saturday 1 August 2009

July Update and Sewing Progress



Saturdays always seem to me to fly by in a flash, but today was an exception. Today seemed to flow at a normal pace and I had time to do some baking (muesli bars), fruit picking (blueberries), exercise and sewing as well as some housework. My OH and I are going to Devon tomorrow for a few days so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I'm looking forward to the break and a few days off work.

On the sewing front, I almost finished 2 Rail Fence blocks for my quilt-as-you-go quilt and started another paper foundation pieced block. As you can see from the photos above my calculations were a bit out. I was one section short for the top one and had one extra for the other. I've sorted it now and they are almost finished.

July spending round-up

Seeing as it's now August, the record of my July spending and simple living efforts is complete. Spending overall was a fifth down on June which shows that I have cut down on unneccesary spending. Weekly shopping and fuel spending were not very different so I need to keep working on that. Eating out costs were double as we treated our son and daughter to a meal out. The main reason for the overall decrease was my reduction in general spending.


Time to go and pack for tomorrow now. I'll, hopefully be back with some photos in a few days.

Bye for now
Teresa x

1 comment:

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

I love the picture in the header!!

The quilts look lovely!