Thursday 1 October 2009

Bernina's arrived, Paypal's sorted, Crochet's in progress.

My new (ex-demonstration) Bernina arrived last Friday after a weeks delay because the supplier forgot to send it the previous Friday when my son stayed in all day to wait for it for me. Thankfully, it's here now and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. So far, all I've done is take it out of the box. I may get chance to take all the bits out of the various bags and assemble it this weekend but I doubt I'll get around to using it.

Tomorow is my monthly quilting club day and for the first time I haven't managed to complete the monthly block, let alone 2 of them like I normally do. I've got as far as cutting them out and started to pin together but free time seems to be in shorter supply than ever these days.

As promised, here's a glimpse of a crochet work-in-progress. Since taking the photo I've finished assembling the main part but now need to search my fabric for a suitable lining. The pattern I have doesn't call for lining but I think it will be sturdier if I add one. Hopefully this has satisfied my recent yearning, to work with yarn instead of fabric, for a while.

I dipped my toe into the world of ebay selling in August and had success, selling 3 out of the 4 items I listed. Although I had emails telling me the payments had been made I could find no record of it on paypal. I checked my profile and details, looked at my account information and checked bank/credit card statements but there was no sign of it. Having not sold anything before, I wondered if I'd overlooked something so asked a few friends with ebay selling experience for advice but they had nothing new to add to what I'd already done. I emailed paypal and they replied asking me to phone instead so I eventually got around to it this week. The lady I spoke to was very helpful. She located the problem (I'd somehow managed to set up a duplicate account) and guided me through sorting it out so, when we'd finished, there was my money, in the paypal account. I'm now happy to list items for auction again and hopefully can get rid of some more 'clutter'.

This weekend, as well as the quilting club day, I've got church and lunch out for my aunt's birthday on Sunday and OH and I will probably go out with friends one evening. I want to try and make some biscuits too if time allows.

I must remember to do a September simple living/aims update post soon too.

Have a good weekend
Bye for now
Teresa x

No comments: