Monday 23 November 2009

A little progress is being made

My not-so-busy weekend started badly, with a 2 and a half hour journey home from work. Most of it spent in a 10 mile jam caused by a collapsed drain, which more than deflated my mood despite just filling up my car with fuel for free because the 'system went down' on the pump half way through my transaction (I waited in the shop for 15 minutes for them to try and sort it out). Therefore, including getting my shopping, filling the car and the traffic jam it took 3 and a quarter hours to get home!!!
-
Saturday drop scones with sultanas half cooked on the bakestone. Batter in the bowl.

Below is the result of what's in the skillet on the right of the first photo. Runner bean chutney from a recipe I've been meaning to try for a while from Shoestring Alley. I used up runner beans from the freezer and made 6 jars full altogether. Although it won't be ready to eat for a couple of months I had a sneaky taste and it was good. I was a bit worried that it wasn't thick enough but decided to trust the recipe as I've fallen into the trap before of over cooking and ended up with rubber. After a few hours it seemed to be setting nicely.


What! - how did that get in here again! Oh, well..........


Half of the jars of chutney will go towards Christmas presents so progress is being made on that front at last. Also managed to finish one pair of mitts (well almost, very nearly finished, I lied, but it felt good to say it :-) Just got to darn in ends and pick up a dropped stitch..........whoops.)
-
No stitching, baking, cooking or work of any kind whatsoever is going to be done tonight. I am going out for a meal with my OH, DS, DD and her partner, just because. Time passes so quickly and we don't get together often enough so I arranged this last week and am really looking forward to it. 
-
Bye for now
Teresa x

No comments: