Monday 25 October 2010

Trails and Tags!

  Last Christmas I had calendars made for gifts that featured some family photos.  This is October's and I smile every time I walk into the kitchen and see it on the wall.  It's my DD and DS dressed up for a Halloween party.  They took this themselves before leaving home for the party and I love that they were having a laugh together.
 The extremely organised Ali of Very Berry Handmade has tagged me this month.  I've not seen so much tagging going on in blogworld as there used to be but it's a nice idea to occasionally do to get to know eachother better through asking questions (not too personal) about subjects that may not normally come up in a post.

The idea is quite simply to answer 8 questions and then make up 8 new questions to ask another 8 bloggers.  I'll say now that I won't be tagging anyone because I hate having to choose but consider yourself tagged and feel free to take part if you like the idea.

Here are my answers to the questions I received:

1. What do you enjoy about blogging?

The most enjoyable thing for me is the interactions and friendships that have developed with bloggers, many of who include crafting as a very important part of their lives. I also enjoy getting inspiration from other crafty bloggers that encourages me to think more often ‘outside the box’.

2. What's your ideal holiday?

My ideal holiday would combine a few different elements – nice, warm weather (not too hot), a bit of relaxing and pampering, a little outdoor exercise such as walking and a couple of days on a course with new people sharing a love of singing or stitching of some kind.

3. What is your favourite comfort food?

I’m struggling with this question! I like most foods and nothing came to mind immediately, so I ran through a couple of the usual suspects in my head (chocolate, chips, bread, pizza) and none stimulated feelings of comfort. The only candidate really is the large, hot, satisfying cups of coffee that I have at the local hotel when out with friends but I suspect the ‘being with friends bit’ contributes to that!

4. What is your proudest achievement and why?

Definitely my children!! They’ve both grown up to be considerate, hard-working and thoughtful adults (never mind the fact that one of them weighed 5kg at birth!!)

5. What do you lose sleep over?

My crafting is the thing I mostly lose sleep over funnily enough. It’s not that I worry about it but I have ideas battling for space at the forefront of my mind. Sometimes I go through the virtual process of making a project to the end!

6. What's your favourite way to relax?

This is getting repetitive but if I want to be honest here then it’s once again the crafting. OH doesn’t’ understand that when I’ve finished chores for the day, I get out the craftwork and don’t sit and ‘relax’ as he sees it, maybe in front of the TV or with a book. It’s scientifically proven that crafting, of any kind, lowers blood pressure – if that’s not relaxing I don’t know what is!

7. What's your favourite film?

I love many films but especially those about the relationships between women, such as How to Make an American Quilt and Steel Magnolias but my favourite film so far has to be The Last of the Mohicans. It’s got everthing? Scenery, action, a love story, Daniel Day-Lewis and the thing that makes it – the music!!!!!

8. Where's your favourite place to shop online?

It depends on what I’m looking for but sites that come to mind are ebay, The Natural Collection and Green Metropolis when looking for books.


Here are my 8 questions for you if you feel like taking part:-

1 How did you come to start blogging?

2 What is your favourite meal to eat?

3 What item have you made with your own fair hands that you are most proud of (crafted, cooked, built etc)?

4 What was your favourite TV programme as a child.?

5 What would you do if you had a whole day with no commitments?

7 What is your favourite item of clothing or jewellery?

8 What is the most daring thing you have done?

To finish up, here are the credits for the photo 'trails'. 
The lovely sky picture with aeroplane trails is the view as I come off the carriageway on the way home from work and am almost home.  I took this last week while parked on the slip-road in a very precarious position but I couldn't resist it!

The stitch trail is my attempt at stipple hand-quilting.  I'm not sure if I like it yet but I'll do a bit more before I decide.

Bye for now
Teresa x

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love that picture of your children. They look like they are having fun! This was fun to read.

Anonymous said...

Great answers! I lose sleep over crafting for just the same reason... just trying to imagine how projects might work out... Am still laughing my head off that you think I am organised!